This livery and feed stable, built in 1880 according to literature, was barely intact prior to renovation. It required great creativity to preserve it as an historic structure within the Arts District. The stable was painstakingly taken apart piece by piece. Those pieces provided a cladding shell around which a new structure, measuring within one inch of the original stable, was constructed. A glass
storefront system was installed on the interior to exhibit all the historic walls and allow the structure to be heated during cold winter months. This construction method allowed for the preservation of the stables historic configuration in addition to lengthening its life for many to learn from and enjoy.
shoring up the sides of the stable to begin the dismantling process